Thursday, February 19, 2009

Kanye West Covers Details...

In the March issue of Details, Kanye talks about a few things like his fashion style, his clothing line Pastelle, the word "gay" and his first beat.

Where did his inspiration for his first beat come from? Read that after the jump...I think you'll find it somewhat interesting.

"First beat I did...was in seventh grade, on my computer. I got into doing beats for the video games I used to try to make. My game was very sexual. The main character was, like, a giant penis. It was like Mario Brothers, but the ghosts were, like, vaginas. Mind you, I'm 12 years old, and this is stuff 30-year-olds are programming. You'd have to draw in and program every little step—it literally took me all night to do a step, 'cause the penis, y'know, had little feet and eyes."

Ummm...okay, am I the only one that finds that a little weird? Oh well, I guess that's path he needed to take to get to where he's at.

To read the entire interview go to Details.

No comments: