Saturday, June 6, 2009

Jay-Z - D.O.A. (Death of Auto-Tune)...

So I'm sure you've either heard it or heard about it by now...the internet was buzzin' like crazy about the street single, "D.O.A." from Jay-Z's upcoming Blueprint 3 yesterday.

Jay-Z - D.O.A. (Death of Auto-Tune) CDQ (prod. by No I.D.)
This is the CDQ version...minus all of the static and Funk Flex bombs droppin' every 3 seconds.

I just find it funny that Jay comes along and decides to kill off auto-tune when Ye's latest album was damn near a 100% auto-tune. I mean, he was the only rapper (that I can think of) to make a full album using auto-tune...not to mention that the Blueprint 3 was originally gonna have some auto-tune on it (although I don't think Jay was using it himself). Jay's 1st official single, supposedly called "Off That", features Drake and is set to be released in July. I'm gonna assume Drake isn't gonna do any singing on it...considering the fact he uses auto-tune. Oh well, best believe rappers will stray away from auto-tune now. Why? Because Hov can body a trend with one song...remember throwback jerseys?

Blueprint 3....9/11/2009

No comments: