Friday, August 21, 2009

Jay-Z - Run This Town...

...featuring Kanye West and Rihanna.

After 3 completely unnecessary previews, the video for Jay-Z's "California Love" "Run This Town" is finally here. I thought there would've been more hype surrounding the release of the video for "D.O.A.", but everybody's been salivating over the premiere of this video...I don't get it. But just in case you're wondering, I actually like the song...and the video.

Bonus:

You should already have these...
Jay-Z - D.O.A. (Death of Auto-tune)
Jay-Z - Jockin' Jay-Z


The album cover, official tracklist and my thoughts (so far) on The Blueprint 3 can be found after the jump.



1.) I REALLY like the cover for this album. It's a complete departure from the standard "Hey I'm Jay-Z, here's a random head shot or pose" album cover he's used for the last 10 albums.

2.) I HATE that he named this album The Blueprint 3. I figured he would've left well enough alone after The Blueprint 2, but I guess not. Am I the only one that feels like there shouldn't be any sequels to classic albums?

3.) Out of the 15 tracks on this album, 11 of them have guest appearances. Go back and look at Jay's discography...his best albums, Reasonable Doubt, The Blueprint and The Black Album, which are considered classics, had a very small number of songs with guest appearances. The albums that were flooded with guest appearances were good...but they weren't great. More Jay + Less Guests = Better Album

4.) Track number 5 is titled, "Empire State of Mind" and it features Alicia Keys....where in the hell is Nas?

1 comment:

iLLaNOise said...

it's one scene on here where lil ri ri would get the best 2min of her life!!!