Thursday, March 5, 2009

Throwback: Aaron Hall - Don't Be Afraid...

Aaron Hall is a damn psychopath. Remember "Don't Be Afraid"? Well, it popped up while I had my iPod on shuffle the other day. Yes, I have it on my iPod...the 90's kicked ass. Movin' on, I actually paid attention to the lyrics and discovered this man had/has some serious issues. You probably haven't heard it in while so let me refresh your memory. Here's the lyrics to the first verse:

"Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray my Lord my soul to keep/ If I should die before I wake, I pray my Lord my soul to take/ you be sayin' "daddy" to me, boy please don't hurt me/ this is my first experience baby, make it feel alright don't worry baby..."

Yep...he began a song about a woman's first time having sex with the very same prayer that you learned to say at bedtime when you were 5 yrs old. I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest that saying any type of prayer right before you take a woman's virginity would fall into the category of "mood killer".

While the first verse is weird, it's the second verse that's completely disturbing.

Second verse after the jump...


"Now I have you all to myself, you can put all the other guys up on the shelf/ no need to run, no need to hide/ all the doors are locked baby and I have you inside/ you can yell and you can hit me/ its just making me horny/ ain't nothing but a love thing baby between me and you/ so just give in baby, don't worry bout a thang..."

So it appears, as I predicted, that his virginal tender roni was indeed turned off by his impromptu prayer and has made an unsuccessful attempt to escape the evil clutches of Mr. Hall. After that verse, it seems as though she just gave up and gave him some, and once they were done he simply told her to "rest yo head on my tattoo chest, I know it feels real good..."

Btw, there were 2 different versions of "Don't Be Afraid" on his album The Truth...the "Jazz You Up Version" and the "Sex You Down Some Mo' Version". I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.

2 comments:

Mr. 1derful said...

LMFAO @ the "Sex You Down Some Mo Version".

iLLaNOise said...

LMAO, this shit is classic keep it coming. . . Infact, you should make this a series where you analyze "questionable" song lyrics